Satellite
  • Day 65

    Shelly beach CP Ceduna

    August 30, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    This morning was our first day back in SA. We are heading for Ceduna tonight, over 400km away.
    On route we drove down to Head of Bight.
    49 whales have been spotted today many with calves. Two of the calves are white apparently. Around 5% of right whale calves are born white, but few adult white whales are ever seen.
    It was a glorious day, but very windy. I could see no more than 10 whales but that was okay! One of the calves played around a bit, practicing his breaching techniques. Ian got a couple of good photographs. It is certainly an experience not to be missed.
    At the SA quarantine station I was found to have carrots and a red capsicum in the car fridge...neither of which I was aware of! I was allowed to keep the carrot but lost my capsicum!
    We called into the Beachfront CP but they were full. We were instructed to go to the Shelly Beach cp as they had room. This park is out of town a fair way, but right on the beach. The forcast is for rain and strong winds tomorrow, but I think I would still like to stay another night. We have been travelling hard over the past week. So that is what we are doing. Leave here on Sunday!
    Read more