Satellite
  • Day 233

    Fullmoon Party & Christmas - Koh Phangan

    December 24, 2021 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    For the first nights we stayed at famous Haad Rin Beach, where the legendary Fullmoonparties take place. For the second time since Covid the Fullmoonparty was planned for December 19th. In normal times more than 30,000 people dancing and drinking at the beach. For the upcoming party about 3,000 were expected.
    We already planned to go to the party with another German couple we met on Findpinguins. Majorlein and Rainer started their long term travels in Thailand and from the beginning we enjoyed hanging out with them. Even when the party was not as crowded as usually we had a lot of fun.
    We were able to experience a few of the fullmoon traditions like body paintings or fire-rope jumping.

    After our time in Haad Rin we moved to the jungle bungalows where Majorlein and Rainer were staying. We explored the island, ate good food and relaxed a lot.

    Because of Christmas we had to manage our mixed feelings between thinking about our beloved ones back home and enjoying ourselves. To be honest it felt a bit strange to celebrate under palmtrees at the beach, while everyone in Germany is sitting under the Christmas tree.
    And maybe there were a few little tears on our faces during the video calls with families and friends on Christmas Eve.
    Read more