Satellite
  • Day 2

    Grand Canyon

    April 26, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    The altitude quickly rose as we weaved through the mountains on our way to one of the world’s Greatest Grand Wonders. Upon reaching the visitors center, we followed the crowd. Initially, you’re led to a fenced in overlook that truly is less dramatic than I would have liked. But down the hill was an opportunity, white rocks bulged out from the sides of the canyons. If you’re an adrenaline junky with no fear of heights, this is the place for you. If you have a fear of heights and want to grow, here’s your opportunity. Or go paragliding, whichever. A small path cut out for just 2 feet intertwined its way through rocks and trees out to the rock platform. Tempting to hold onto the small trees that can’t guarantee your weight jetting out from the rocks, some balance and planning is necessary. Standing out on this jetted rock looking over the edge to the canyon below is intense. I’m not sure if it’s just me but as I’m sitting there dangling my legs over the edge, trying to clear my mind, I kept thinking about how easy it would have been for someone to push me, accidentally or on purpose. The Grand Canyon is truly something to see. She’s beautifully Grand.
    Hippie Tip:
    There's 13 look offs at the Southern Rim. Venture out!
    Read more