Satellite
  • Day 18

    Chads Tag Along Tour Day One

    April 16, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Awesome Day ! We were buggared after near three hours in customs and to our hotel by midnight! But after a solid night sleep we were up and out by 8am checking out the sites and literally sdidnt return to our hotel until 11pm !!!!

    San Francisco is gorgeous. Has such a lovely vibe about it, relaxed, happy and clean !!!

    We visited the fresh food markets, where we discovered honey straws and proper melted hot chocolate !! The Bay Bridge here is amazing although not as recognized as the Golden Gate.

    We Then walked out way along from pier 1 - pier 39 where all the action is. Seals on decks, restaurants etc!

    Being in America we enjoyed our first taste of doughnuts an corn dogs. Chad can't believe everything looks like the movies.

    As only we know how to do :) we then hired a tandem bike and rode our way across the Golden Gate Bridge all the way to Sausalito. And we only nearly died twice .... once when I took my hands off the wheels to video ...... oops 😳 the second time when Chad forgot a red light means stop😬

    The Golden Gate Bridge is spectacular and from the town of Sausalito you can see all the way back over to San Francisco. Was a gorgeous sea side town ... with valet bike parking 👍

    It takes 25 people two years to paint the Golden Gate Bridge and it needs to be painted every two years..... so that's permanent employment for someone!

    Chad prefers riding in Lycra to jeans and my little legs kept up to his 6 foot giant legs !!! Haha

    We found a gorgeous Mexican restaurant for lunch and we had a quiet beer and Soju cocktail .... though I ordered a second one I discovered 1 was enough and left the other for the locals 😳 the food was awesome !!

    We then ferried our way back from Sausalito to San Fran and jumped on a hop on and off bus to work out our plan for the next day!

    Dinner at a sea food restaurant to try San Fran's. Lam chowder ! Avoided o'farell street and the district to always politely decline invitation and. Found our pillows at 11pm.
    Read more