Satellite
  • Day 36

    Palmy and Wiedersehen Nr. 8

    April 25, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    One of the main reasons why to come back to New Zealand were Andrew and Yvonne. I did the internship with Andrew at Taranaki hospital in New Plymouth and got to know Yvonne She spent some days with me in Auckland before I left the first time. They got married in 2013 and I was invited, couldn't do the trip just for a wedding then. So I was so looking forward to seeing them again. I took the bus yesterday from Auckland to Palmy, a scenic journey throughout the Island, passing lake Taupo, the volcanos and finally arriving in Palmerston North. Andrew picked me up and Yvonne was home shortly after. Again, so lovely to meet them again.
    Today we woke up at 5:15 for the Anzac (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) Day. It's a day to remember those who served for those countries or lost their lives doing it. The date was the beginning of the battle of Gallipoli, Turkey, in 1915. The battle started before sunrise, that's why the service starts at dawn. After the service we had breakfast with friends of Andrew's and Yvonne's, played Settlers of Catan, went for lunch and for a walk and had another round of Settlers of Catan in the evening. So that was again a really nice day surrounded by wonderful people.
    Read more