Satellite
  • Day 11

    Day 8: no words to describe the beauty

    October 24, 2018 in Nepal ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    What a day! Bright sunshine for the easy scenic and gorgeous walk from saun to sando. It was 360 degree of mountain beauty. You couldn’t watch enough. It was one of the most beautiful things I have seen.
    Bidi went ahead to book rooms. It is still crowded because Rinpoche was also heading to the same village as we did. We arrived there around noon, had a delicious meal and went up in direction of Tibet. There is a lot of traffic between here and the south of Tibet. It is closer and cheaper, at the moment the border is open. We saw a colony of mules carrying goods from Tibet. We went up as high as the Jungfrau, enjoyed the last rayons of sunshine before heading down again. The diner room has a oven, so we stayed there from late afternoon until now, having diner and playing cards. What a beautiful place to stay two nights at. Longer I don’t know. People here live very simple but we think they have enough food. It is just so cold and we have only fall. The temperature is below zero, there is even a bit snow in the more shadow parts.
    Tomorrow we gonna try climbing up Sando peak at a bit more then 5000m. We will see how this goes, very looking forward doing that! I am so thankful I get to spend that adventure with so nice and interesting people. I feel very comfortable.
    Read more