Satellite
  • Day 11

    Travelling to Sauðárkrókur

    November 4, 2016 in Iceland ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Ah, yet another unpronounceable name but this has been our overnight stop in a small self service B&B, part of a micro-brewery with a bar that doesn't open until 9pm and closes at 3am. No ... that's not why we didn't update the diary last night - honest!

    Yesterday then, after visiting the waterfall, we were travelling along the road around the Trollaskag peninsula with the odd stop for photos and even a coffee. The scenery was stunning and the weather improved the further we went, turning it into a magical experience. We didn't spot any Trolls though and for much of the time we were on our own. Empty roads, fantastic coastal views and snow-capped mountains to our left. There were some really long tunnels on the way as well.

    You can see some of the views we saw but the phone, for once, hasn't captured what we actually saw though the one of the lighthouse is pretty much spot on.

    The day ended with a sunset that lasted forever and as we drove to Sauðárkrókur the skies became clear and the temperatures dropped well below zero. Perhaps a hint of what was to come.

    What a fantastic day.
    Read more