Satellite
  • Day 3

    Travelling South Towards Jokulsarlon

    February 8, 2018 in Iceland ⋅ ⛅ -4 °C

    The light was constantly changing, like every few seconds. From the parking area we had a lovely view to the east and to the west some mountains with dark clouds as a backdrop. The clouds towards the mountains were moving quickly and at times the sun broke through, though to the east it was relatively clear. We both tried to capture the best of the light and the images as they appeared. Tony concentrated on the mountains to the east (towards Hofn) whilst Rob gave the drone its maiden flight of the trip. We both got some photographs with some atmospheric light but soon it was time to move on. We must have spent an hour there.

    Just to explain about the caption, Batman mountain is actually Vesturhorn but locals refer to it as Batman mountain because it has three peaks. Make you own mind up as we're not convinced. Maybe we're looking at it from the wrong end.

    The journey continued including a fuel stop in Hofn with the next destination being the Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon. This drive was absolutely stunning. The last two photos in this footprint give you the idea but it was a million times better!
    Read more