Satellite
  • Day 2

    B8074 Glen Orchy

    August 18, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Today turned out to have a water-based theme and began when Rob opened the curtains to confirm he was in Scotland - it was still raining! After breakfast he checked the room was available for another night then set off on a mini-road-trip - an anti-clockwise circular tour northwards encompassing Glencoe then returning south along the coast road.

    The first part of the tour was through Glen Orchy along a scenic 'B' road which was indeed very scenic and highly recommended should you ever find yourself in the area, especially in the Autumn it seems. The cloud hung low and the rain intermittent though it stopped for a while around midday when, coincidentally, Rob stopped to photograph a waterfall. He spent rather too long here it must be said, but he found it quite absorbing standing under a metal bridge trying not to slip on slippy rocks with a tripod and camera. Fortunately he didn't slip on the slippy rocks which was kind've handy because during dinner the staff commented on how dangerous that waterfall was if you happened to fall in, with deadly currents that drag you down to your death. It wasn't pleasant to be told of deadly currents just as you're eating - that spotted dick didn't look so yummy after all!

    After his near-death experience Rob continued the drive where he stopped to look at other falls/rapids but resisted the temptation to take more photos other than with his phone. Time was moving on, unlike the rain which had begun again and now seemed never-ending.
    Read more