Satellite
  • Day 6

    Survived, Dry and Warm

    August 22, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    It turned out that weather forecast was wrong ... and my goodness did it rain and it was quite windy too, though it may not have been quite as bad as it sounds in a small tent. The wind howled around the car which Rob had strategically parked to help give shelter from the storm, but the tent held firm and Rob could be heard shouting, “Ah Jim boy, lash down them guys” which caused a great deal of interest amongst the other campers as to what on earth might be happening in such a small tent on a night such as this. The important thing is Rob did actually manage to get into the tent and stay dry, the tent was dry and once he got used to the sound of the wind and rain he drifted off to sleep as warm and as comfortable as can be ... and he then lived happily ever after. (That sentence needed to end like that even though it’s complete nonsense.) The guys remained suitably lashed.

    So all was well ... until the morning, of course, when the Midges made up for a lack of feasting the night before and Rob had left the head net and Skin So Soft in the car. Six feet, five bites - but it could have been much worse. There’s better weather predicted for today with 15c forecast and showers this afternoon, so hopefully there’s some proper photography to be had because tomorrow it’ll be time to move on.
    Read more