Satellite
  • Day 4

    Sailing to Ithaki

    October 3, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Today the weather forecast was nothing to write a blog about. It was dull and cloudy and a suggestion of rain, though there was none whilst on the High Seas - which weren't high at all of course, given the absence of any wind. This meant the engine ran continuously and the sails remained stowed away. It wasn't exactly cold but Alan did feel the wind chill a little but even so, he enjoyed the gentle cruising across and around to Big Vathy, the next port of call for the night. At one point in the day they sailed through a relatively narrow channel, which was fun.

    It's amazing how the days are slipping by. Penny and Tom had said it wasn't going to be a problem but even on this quiet day sailing-wise, Rob's fears of boardom proved to be unfounded and in no time at all the crew of Rincewind had eased the yacht into her mooring and were relaxing with that G&T, with ice and a slice of course ... and the added bonus of a torrential downpour to end the day.

    Before the evening meal there was time for a little window shopping in the town ... Alan purchased a fleece jacket (just in case) and Rob a fridge magnet for his growing collection. They discovered a lovely restaurant with excellent food then returned to Rincewind to end the day. Penny had packed some pineapple fairy lights and these were attached to the sun hood, together with that green-theme lantern Rob used in the tent in Scotland.

    The pirates continued to be marked by their absence and still no sunset ... but there's still time of course!
    Read more