Satellite
  • Day 1

    First Evening

    September 26, 2021 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    The journey was really good, with the flight shorter than expected and the temperature lovely and warm when we arrived. A mad taxi driver took us from the airport to Palairos, somehow thinking she had to drive in the exact centre of the road, that bends were best taken at speed and that it is clearly expected the gears should be cruched when changed. Brakes also worked digitally, being either on, or off.

    We had arrived safely though and soon we were settled onto the boat then heading out to explore. Not far to be honest, spending a relaxing time at a pleasant bar/restaurant and staying until well after sunset, watching the sun set below the hills opposite and the colours change through yellows to blues. Back to our boat Alan and Penny called it a night but Rob then went in search of a photo - the skies were clear and ideal for a Milky Way shot. Tom went along too and they both enjoyed finding the right composition, with a drink in hand from the nearby bar.

    Unusually for the footprints on here, these photos are from the camera, rather than the phone. They are all processed on the phone though, so the Milky Way shot is definitely work in process. Tomorrow the crew set sail.
    Read more