Satellite
  • Day 6

    Another Hard Day Afloat

    October 1, 2021 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    On the way to Vathi yesterday, Rob had taken the helm for quite a time during afternoon and also berthed the yacht at its mooring - he really enjoyed that it has to be said.

    Once again this overnight port had been chosen because of the threat of high winds overnight but, as before, they never materialised. It did rain during the night though, but by morning the blue skies and sunshine had returned.

    The mooring was quite a walk from the town and too far for Alan to manage, but the restaurant had been close by (pretty much all there was there actually) and the meal was pleasant enough. Today though, the restaurant was closed so a visit to the town was needed to get breakfast and lunch supplies.

    Penny & Tom planned to take the dinghy but following outboard motor issues, they decided to cross the harbour in the yacht instead and moor-up near the shops. This went smoothly and in no time the supplies were on board and it was time to set sail.

    The journey to the next port followed the pattern of very light winds and plenty of time to relax.

    The lunchtime stop was really nice too, at a small bay with only one other yacht there - another from our flotilla. Penny, Tom and the pineapple took to the water as usual but before they did, everyone spent time looking for tuna, which the other family had spotted just as we arrived. Tom and Rob saw one swim close to the boat but they were hard to spot and Penny saw none whilst she was in the water.

    The penultimate stop tonight was at Spartochori which we knew was a lovely location because it was one of the stopovers during the sailing trip in 2018. This time Alan was at the helm to park the boat and did a splendid job of it too. In the evening it was another group meal with everyone seated at a big long table. Rob, Alan, Penny & Tom ended up at one end next to Lou and Dylan, the flotilla leaders. It was really interesting to chat with them and all too soon it was time to return to the yacht. How come time goes so quickly?
    Read more