Satellite
  • Day 4

    Trains, Automobiles, and Feet!

    March 21, 2022 in India ⋅ 🌙 8 °C

    Headed from New Delhi to the Almora region beginning our village walk! We have a 5 hour train ride, a 4 hour drive, and 2 hour walk until we arrive at our first village house.

    This was not an easy travel day...the train was fine and arrived on time - we then had a quick lunch and headed off on our drive. We have NEVER seen roads like this hairpin turn after hairpin turn with major washouts...Christina did not fare well and we had to make several emergency pitstops due to extreme motion sickness and a touch of food poisoning from the chicken & mayo sandwich.

    We arrived at our hiking spot 45 minutes past schedule and set out on a 90 minute hike. It started straight uphill and we continued until sunset when our guide Pujan got flashlights out so mom could pick her way through the now descending sandy rocky terrain with her hiking poles.

    We finally arrived at our destination where Mom was happy to discover a chilled glass of wine and beautiful village house...I was trying to keep it together still and not get sick - ultimately i just went to bed. Mom and Pujan enjoyed a delicious dinner!
    Read more