Satellite
  • Day 1

    Staines

    October 13, 2015 in England ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Great Wall of China Trek 2015.

    So if you're reading this and thinking WHY let me bring you up to speed.

    I lost my Dad just over a year ago at the beginning of August 2014.
    I was lost, and still to this day learning to cope with his presence not being here, I don't think when losing a parent you will ever accept it and move on fully.

    I naturally had some time off work to grieve - After the burial, my youngest Aunt found something that she thought that would challenge myself but also raise some money for The British Heart Foundation to try and ease the pain and suffering I encountered.

    She recommended that I registered for Great Wall of China Trek leaving October 17th 2015 through the Charity Challenge website.

    I gladly accepted this challenge, that is laying ahead of me as I type this.

    In order to take part, I needed to raise a minimum of £2850 which I managed to exceed through generous donations & a fun Quiz Night that I organised for friends & family. The support and donations have been overwhelming and I've actually managed to raise £3533.82 - WOW!!!

    Leaving for the big day in 3 days... I'm a mixed bag of emotions... I have the chance to do something incredible....yet on the other hand I've never been on a solo trip, this is my first. Kind of went all out!

    This is going to be an amazing adventure.... keep watching this blog for regular updates (wi-fi permitting!!)

    Thanks to everyone that has got behind me, this is my way of showing your donation was worthy and I really hope you enjoy following me on this blog.
    Read more