Satellite
  • On our way...

    June 20, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    So far so good! The flight to Dulles Airport was on a very small plane but it was only 20 minutes so it was fine. Heather and I chatted about what to expect in Japan. I was a little surprised because she doesn't know any Japanese and doesn't like seafood. I guess it's a good thing she's not going to do any sight-seeing by herself!

    While we were waiting to get off the plane a man in front of us told us he works for the federal government and goes to Japan every month and was taking the same flight to Narita. Since neither of us knew the airport very well we decided to follow him to the gate for the next flight - it was easy since he was wearing a bright orange shirt. He later told us his wife tells him to wear orange for every flight so "they can find his body". His name was Dean and he was very nice. He invited us to use his guest tickets to United Lounge so we got free food and a nice place to rest for an hour or so. Dean helpfully told us where we could rent WiFi at the Narita airport since most places in Japan don't have it (even schools), which is surprising. I guess they just use Ethernet cables.

    I'm glad we got a chance to relax somewhere nice before being crammed onto a 14 hour flight!
    Read more