Satellite
  • Day 7

    New day. New country.

    October 22, 2017 in North Macedonia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Time to leave Bulgaria and cross another border into Macedonia! Thanks to gaining an extra hour with the time difference, we arrived in good time and managed to explore a little this evening. First impressions are great! Such a cute city with lots of huge monuments and statues everywhere! There is a nice centre (not too big which I like) and an old town called Bazaar with lots of bars and restaurants. There seems to be cute market stalls everywhere too.

    Unfortunately we arrived just at the end of the jazz festival but we found a great restaurant that was really chilled out and it was playing great jazz music so we spent the evening in there. We had a pretty good feast again for only €5 each! We finished the night munching on the best chocolate donuts in town (actually maybe the best in the world) from a woman who found our excitement over a donut pretty entertaining. It’s going to be a struggle not getting fat on this trip!

    Excited for another free walking tour tomorrow morning to learn about the history of this lovely city. Skopje is the birth place of Mother Teresa and there is a museum here about her so we are going to give that a go too! Seems like it will be another busy day! :)
    Read more