Satellite
  • Day 16

    Relaxing day exploring Kotor and Perast

    October 31, 2017 in Montenegro ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    We visited the cute little sea side town of Perast today. It’s iconic for two little islands which we got a boat over to visit. There was a little museum and church on the island but that was about it. The other island has a monastery but it couldn’t be visited. Very remote. It was lovely though and thankfully it was quiet being low season. Afterwards we drank coffee in the sunshine (it’s sunny but getting colder) while enjoying the views.

    The afternoon was spent wandering through the old town by day- it was still very nice but I think I prefer the atmosphere in the evening. Then we hiked up to the top of the fortress. We went the back road which avoided paying the €3 charge but it turned out to be the nicest route! There was a beautiful friendly donkey and hilarious goats all staring intensely at us as we got higher up. The views were incredible and so rewarding after having walked up! We made it in time for sunset so the sky was the most amazing pink colour after. The city lights all came on and we got to see the city by night too. Definitely worth doing! Tonight’s dinner was a traditional pastry from a bakery which was delicious and very filling! Followed by a Nutella crêpe which was too difficult to resist.

    We leave Kotor and head to Dubrovnik in Croatia tomorrow. Excited!!
    Read more