Satellite
  • Day 17

    Sunny Croatia

    November 1, 2017 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    It only took two hours to drive over to Croatia today. We only have two days here so we decided to just visit Dubrovnik. We got an amazing shared house to stay in with a big balcony but seen as it’s low season we have the place to ourselves! It’s incredible, best accommodation so far!

    We went to copacobana beach for a picnic (with the biggest roll I’ve ever had- see pics) and spent the rest of the day wandering around the HUGE old town. It’s like every old town we have seen so far but on steroids. Very beautiful and thankfully quite quiet. It’s nice to see these alleyways with no one there- sort of gives you a sense of how it might have been like back in the day. We tried to get a nice spot for sunset overlooking the red roofs. It’s crazy how early the sun sets here though! It’s dark by 5pm! I guess it is November... just not feeling like it these days with all the sunshine.

    Despite the low season, you can tell this is a very touristy place from the really high prices for everything. Such a difference! Although, we found a good place for a cheap(ish) dinner which was like an Italian version of Subway. You picked what pasta you wanted and your sauce and veg/meat and then they would make it up for you fresh. Was pretty nice!

    Walking tours are unfortunately quite pricey here so we’ve used our trusty friend google to help us understand the city more and tomorrow we are going to try find some 'Game of Thrones' filming locations! 😁
    Read more