Satellite
  • Day 19

    A day of travelling

    November 3, 2017 in Bosnia and Herzegovina ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Breakfast in Croatia, Lunch in Montenegro, Dinner in Bosnia... not often you can say that!

    Sadly we left our amazing accommodation and beautiful Dubrovnik today and headed back to return our car rental in Montenegro. We took the wrong road and accidentally ended up in Bosnia which we weren’t meant to do with the car so that was a bit stressful but everything was fine! Phew. On our way back to Podgorica we took a détour up the mountains to Ostrog Monastery- a big white church that’s been built into the rocks. It was very pretty but it was the view from up there that was the most incredible part. It was very peaceful- although I can imagine it being a completely different vibe in high season. We sat and ate a picnic up there in the sunshine with the amazing views- feeling very lucky.

    Miraculously, we made it to Podgorica hassle free and without any traffic jams!! First for everything. I thought I was going to get in a weird situation with the police though. I was sitting with all the bags across from the bus station while Stéphane returned the car and two policemen came up to me and asked for my ID. I think they were confused why I had so much stuff- they asked me what I was doing and if everything was mine... (to be fair, I think we have taken a ridiculous amount of baggage) Everything turned out okay though and they seemed friendly - I just had ideas of corrupt police in my head thanks to our last Taxi driver and didn’t know what to expect.

    We then took a surprisingly expensive bus (€18 each) to Mostar in Bosnia which was 5 hours of extremely bumpy and windy roads through the mountains with possibly the most popular guy in Montenegro as a driver. (Don’t think there was one moment that he wasn’t texting or calling someone) - despite this... we made it there safe!
    Read more