Satellite
  • Day 633

    Crossing da border

    September 23, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Da recipe:

    There is a public bus from Belize city until Corozal for 10B$.

    From there you need to take a taxi to the Belizean border. It is 30 respectively 25B$ (negotiate)… try to share it with other people. At the border you pay 40B$ exit fees.

    From there you are not allowed to walk to the Mexican border. So you need to take a second taxi which costs approx. 10B$.

    The taxi does not bring you to the migration of México you are dropped off earlier. Where you show your passport to some random police officers and then you have to take a third taxi to the real migration. You are not allowed to walk this way either. So you are going to spend another 10B$.

    At the migration office you pay your 31 US$ or 596 MX$ entrance fees to get into México and there you finally get your entry stamp.

    Don’t even try to walk from the Mexican migration to the highway it’s not allowed and you need to take a fourth taxi they charge you between 200 to 350 MX$ depends on how many people you are and how good your haggling skills are.

    You finally arrive in Chentumal where you try to withdraw money and then you recognize that each bank has a different service fee from 30 to 180 MX$. Try them all.
    Read more