Satellite
  • Day 687

    La Paz

    November 16, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    There I am again. La Paz, the highest capital city on our planet. Hang on a sec. Why there is an ocean in front of me. Where are this cool Cholitas with their bowler hats.

    La Paz in México in the state Baja California del Sur is totally different to La Paz in Bolivia, that’s for sure.

    What did I do? I asked for whale watching tours and got the same answer from every single agency. No whales yet but it’s whale shark time. Don’t miss this opportunity. So I ended up going on a island tour with some little hope to see whales breaching I n the way there. I did this trip with two cool German siblings. They had a GoPro on board so we could take some cool videos of the island snorkeling tour which included swimming with sea lions.
    The next day we were going for the whale sharks. The three of us had a lot of fun out there and to swim white this 8 meter long road Langton edging giants was quite an experience.

    La Paz had a bunch of American tourists but generally it was a calm town which only attracts scuba divers and whale watching geeks like me. After three nights there I decided to go south to Cabo, the second biggest American springbreak Hotspot here in México. Luckily it wasn’t spring break time and thanksgiving was coming up soon, so all those lovely Americans were at home with their families and preparing their turkeys.

    By going down to Cabo I made a major decision. Instead of trying to reach the most northern point of continental Latin America I decided to save some money by heading down to Cabo. Tijuana did not have any cheap flights back to Mexico City anymore or better said, I was already too late for the cheap ones. Also the buses from La Paz to Tijuana were quite experience taking in consideration that there was more than 1400 kilometers to cover. Anyhow I booked a 35 usd flight from Cabo to CDMX but therefore had to kill 4 more days at the southern most tip of BCS.
    Read more