Satellite
  • Day 4

    Separate adventures for 5 days

    April 30, 2018 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 7 °C

    The weather has improved! Today Steve and the boys go off on their hunt. Bill is another bloke going with them who turned up through the night or early morning.
    I leave home about 9 am and drive to Arrowtown via the Crown Range Road, it is open today. At the Cardrona Hotel I stop in again for a coffee and monster cheese scone - yum. Then onwards and upwards and then downwards along the Crown Ridge. This is a very spectacular drive, especially now as the autumn leaves and light make the snow caps and blue sky so vivid.
    I stop into Arrowtown as Steve said it's worth a look. It is - pretty little town with 1 street full of shops and cafes done up from the 1800's. After there I head down to Invercargill via the Southern Scenic Route via pretty Lake Hayes, Kingston, Lumsden and Winton. I don't need to go into Queenstown but have a remarkable view of The Remarkables. The section down to Winton is another winding, hilly road following Lake Wakatipu, very pretty. After that it becomes flat farm land.
    I'm a bit early for my accomodation so drive through Invercargill down to Bluff and check out Stirling Point
    Read more