Satellite
  • Day 104

    Saumur

    September 5, 2018 in France ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    The sun went out in Honfleur so we moved south to Saumur on the Loire. The river is looking very dry.
    We found a very nice and peaceful site (Huttopia) situated at the top of the valley side within a vineyard only 6k from Saumur. We enjoyed it so much we stayed for two additional nights.
    We cycled into Saumur on Thursday for a look see and to view a municipal site we had previously stayed at one night on our way back from the south. The 50m pool had fallen into decay and a new small leisure pool installed instead. We then cycled up the Loire for a few miles on the left bank before returning to our site via the sharp hill to the top of the valley.
    Friday saw A take out the road bike for a morning ride down river nearly as far as Angers all along the tourist route which was very enjoyable. K stayed at base to do some sewing in the sunshine.
    Saturday - cycled back to Saumur to look at the market which was very busy. Mussels were selling fast so we got some for evening meal. Spent the afternoon in the warm sun chilling by and swinmming in the fabulous pool.
    Sunday chilling
    Read more