Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 198

    Southampton

    December 8, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    We are back in UK after an uneventful crossing from Santander. Enjoyed catching up with Kirsty's news, as she arrived shortly after us at Dibles Park campsite in Warsash, Southampton. The little Peugeot was full to the brim with most of Kirsty's belongings, as she is about to go off travelling for 4 months.
    Great to see most of our Chandlers Ford friends at Mike and Lizz's house on Saturday night - many thanks to Mike and Liz for your hospitality.
    Made minor repairs to Hazel with Mikes assistance, after a good Sunday morning ride around the Hampshire lanes. I have a bit of work to do to get to get my legs back to alpine climbing level.
    Moved to Two Hoots camper ground on Sunday afternoon where we are staying for five nights - using it as a base to get our dentist, doctors, MOT etc done.
    Hazel passed MOT Monday with no worries.
    We put Hazel into the workshop on Wednesday to have the air suspension fitted to the rear. Whilst that was going on we met Graham and Vivien for lunch and had a wander around Blandford Forum
    Met with Syd and Jo on Friday night - many thanks go to them for their hospitality much appreciated.
    We picked Meg up at Salisbury station on Saturday morning and battled through the London traffic to Walthamstow. Jemima had her naming ceremony on Sunday which was lovely. Em and Stew put a lot of effort into the follow up meal which was delicious and great fun.
    Travelled to Sidmouth on Monday stopping at Shaftesbury for a pub lunch. Chilling here for the festive season. Meg treated us to a great meal in Neil's restaurant..
    We took the bus to Exemouth and walked th SW coastal path back to Sidmouth, escaping all rain showers - very wet underfoot but a most enjoyable walk.
    We picked up brother Stewart from Exeter on Saturday afternoon after his flight into Bristol. We had a mooch at the shops in the city which seemed to be doing a good trade.
    Had a look Dart Farm centre near Exmouth - people queuing out the doors for the butchers absolutely rammed.
    A and R over Sunday pm for a lovely roast dinner.
    On Monday Xmas eve K, brother Stew and A took a walk through the countryside around Sidmouth -very muddy under foot once again.
    Christmas day with family at Alison and Russ' many thanks go to them for their hospitality. Singing along to the Mamma Mia films in the evening was fun - to some of us.
    Boxing day took us north to Coventry where we spend a most enjoyable afternoon and evening with Karen's sisters family. Many thanks to Jill and Mick for their hospitality, thanks to Alex for setting the quiz and to Christopher for being as rubbish with the answers as the rest of us who brought along a new intensity to family quiz gaming.
    From Coventry to Redcar where we enjoyed a walk along the promenade- stray and a Pacittos ice cream prior to landing with Karen's mum and dad. We spent three days here, nice meal at Central Park in Redcar and great food once again at M and D's. and a nice beer at Nicola and Malcolm's too. Thanks go to them all.
    30th Dec back to Southampton to reunite with Hazel.
    New years even spent at Graham and Elaine's where we caught up with Georgie and Paul and met with Stella and Peter. Many thanks for your hospitality we even managed to see in the new year without the fireworks.
    One day to prepare ourselves for the next trip. Packing done, Hazel winterised and parked up all tat was left to do was a taxi to Heathrow where we new we would find a glass of fizz
    Read more