Satellite
  • Day 359

    Foyes

    May 18, 2019 in Scotland ⋅ 🌧 9 °C

    We have booked this site on the southern shore of Loch Ness for three nights. We will be speaking with the fracture clinic on Monday to review the ongoing treatment and best location for us to be.
    Sunday saw Karen spend a few hours with the sewing machine whilst I took myself off for a walk in the surrounding hills and along side Loch Mhor. It was a little grey overcast day but good for walking. Loch Mhor is a feeder loch for a hydro power station at Foyes on the side of Loch Ness below.
    Monday saw us return to Inverness to speak with the Orthopaedic specialist. After his examination he could not be sure whether this is a full rupture or a more easily fixed muscle tear. He thought it more likely the latter but treatment for the first two weeks would assume the former. The plaster was removed in favour of a support boot and we return to a clinic in Inverness in two weeks to determine progress. The treatment we have received in Inverness has been excellent, and everyone has been so cheery and supportive towards us, which very much helps in this situation.
    The scenery around here is stunning, and there are so many beautiful walks to be done - if only one can walk!!!!! We will have to return another time to take advantage of all this area has to offer.
    Read more