Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 370

    Staffin Bay

    May 29, 2019 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    We free camped next to the sea at Staffin Bay and woke up to bright sunshine which was a nice surprise. We then continued anti clock wise around the peninsular, at every turn there was a picture post card view with lovely villages and crofts in the landscape. At the north of the island the Outer Hebrides were in clear view and looked quite inviting.
    We had a rendevous booked in Portree with one of Karen's ex colleagues from Micheldever, so we couldn't linger.
    Jenny and Colin were visiting the area from Hampshire so we enjoyed a light lunch with their family in the sunshine of Portree. K catching up on the gossip, of which there was plenty!!
    After that we went to locate a free camping site beyond the Talisker Distillery on the west side of the island but when we got there it was not suitable. We resolved to return to Kyleakin for a quick exit off the Island the following day.
    On the way there a worrying wee red light appeared on the dashboard to advise us there was a problem with the injection system. Deja Vous - we were very despondent and resorted to a bottle of wine.
    In the sunshine however the island showed us its beauty today and we loved it.
    Read more