Satellite
  • Day 420

    Latitude Festival

    July 18, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We arrived good and early so we could get a pitch as near to the arena as possible. The lay out had changed this year and the Motorhome pitches were the farthest from the Festival which meant we had a 20-25 minute walk to the arena. Good exercise for K in her boot but tiring too.
    We had a bbq with Liz and Mike in the afternoon prior to starting the Festival with an evening trip to see the film of the stage production of War Horse.
    Friday saw us do a mix of the main arena - KOKOKO! a group from Kinshasha started the main music festival with a high energy performance - comedy tent, theatre and the Waterfront stage. We saw a brilliant performance by Blue Boys Entertainment - a hip hop dance group who were quite exceptional. K did the Theatre of Food whilst I watched Nish Kumar and Lucifer (Marcus Brigstock) in the comedy tent. A enjoyed Freya Riding in the BBC tent. whilst K watched Little Wimmin at the theatre We then watched Sadlers Wells perform in the evening - Return to Back, a piece about Mozart's sister living under the shadow of her brother- before returning to the main arena. The day was finished off by George Ezra and his band who were excellent.
    Saturday saw us do separate things until mid afternoon. A spent most of his time in the comedy tent, the highlight being Mark Watson. K watched Birth in the theatre and joined the choir singing group in the Faraway forest. Eventually meeting up we watched The Northern Ballet on the Waterfront stage. Lolly Jones was very funny doing her Fifty Shades of May routine in the cabaret tent. We listened to Stereophonics as we walked back to our pitch for a glass of fizz.
    Sunday started with the Kingdom Choir in the main arena - brilliant and joyful -we left a bit early to go to the theatre to watch a one man play - Daughter of Adam. This was a big mistake. It was clearly designed to test ones bounds of decency, we found it too crude for our taste and exited early, needing something to raise our spirits. We found this on the Waterfront Stage where we watched the finalists of the BBC Young Dancer Competition perform a series of excellent routines. From there to the comedy tent to see Frank Skinner who was quite funny however we preferred Tez Ilyas who preceded him.
    Sigrid and her band were great in the main arena and we finished our festival at the theatre where we watched a Canadian Circus group perform Blizzard which was amazing
    and fully deserved the long standing ovation.
    We took in a couple of Lana Del Reys song in the main arena before returning tired to our van.
    A brilliant weekend once again.
    Read more