Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 424

    Walthamstow

    July 22, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We left the Festival Monday morning having waved Liz and Mike off just before we departed.
    We had a long and tedious journey to Walthamstow due to heavy traffic and somebody having stolen a diversion sign which meant we almost returned to where we started after 90 minutes on the road.
    A quiet evening in Lee Valley campsite, followed by a week in Walthamstow with Stew, Em, Magnus and Jemima. Delivery of belated birthday presents to Jemima followed by an early party for Magnus who will be 5 next month.
    Mixed weather from very hot on our arrival to wet and cool then back to hot over the week.
    On Wednesday after a morning trip into the high street for provisions we walked to the City Farm in the afternoon. Magnus vey competent on his new bike. The cafe was shut so ice creams were enjoyed once back home, Jemima very much enjoyed hers.
    Thursday saw us borrow the car for a trip to Winchester for dentist and physio. AN absolute scorcher of a day- temperature in car recorded 46degrees at one point!!!
    On Friday we walked over to LLoyd park where Magnus enjoyed the bmx/skateboard facility and where we noticed the Summer Beach Fair ground.
    In the evening we went into the old village to celebrate our 39th wedding aniversary at The Village for a drink and The Castle for a bite to eat.
    Saturday was party day for Magnus with some friends invited for the afternoon, decibel levels were high.
    On Sunday we chilled, had a great mid day meal then took a walk in the Hackney Marshes. Blackberries were ripe and plentiful.
    On Monday we took M and J to the Summer Beach fair ground where we enjoyed a few hours prior to us returning to our motorhome in mid afternoon.
    Read more