Satellite
  • Day 491

    Paros

    September 27, 2019 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We travelled by boat to Paros, where we are renting a beautiful villa with views over to Naxos. The port at Santorini was mayhem. Hundreds of people were congregating for ferries to lots of the other islands and coaches were departing in streams up the cliff road to deliver arrivals to the towns above. It was organised chaos but the system worked once you got the hang of it. The large ferry must have been about 15% full for a very relaxing trip to Paros. In the height of the season with the ferry full the port activity must be frenzied.
    We picked up hire cars and were met by Anna who led us to our villa. Villa Nefeli - what a place!!! 2 separate apartments which each could have slept a family, as well as 2 large en suite bedrooms in the main house. Everything had been thought of with beautifully equipped BBQ area and a great pool and area for cooling off.
    The view from our bedroom looked out over Naxos where the sun rose every morning. The pre-sun rise skies were well worth waking up for..
    the localtown to the north of us Naousa was a wonderfully relaxed fishing port full of tavernas, ice cream bars etc and lovely narrow lanes with bespoke shopping. The sea all around was crystal clear.
    Read more