Satellite
  • Day 532

    Monmouth

    November 7, 2019 in Wales ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Our plan was to stay three nights at a location not too far from Abergavenny. However the site we chose could not accommodate us due to the pitches being too soft after all the rain. We travelled to Monmouth instead where we found solid ground for a three night stay. Our first afternoon was spent with K sewing and A having a quick look around the town.
    We woke up to a beautiful morning with the sun blazing down the valley. We took ourselves off for a 10 mile walk. The first section was alongside the river on the Wye walking trail which was very peaceful once the path diverged from the main road. After about 5 miles we lunched at a cross over point then climbed up through woods to join join the Wysis way as it passed through Highmeadow Woods. The high point of the walk was reached at Kymin which is a bijoux NT run wedding and catering venue located high above the town with great views of the valley.
    On Saturday we took the bus from Monmouth to Abergavenny passing through nice villages on the way. The weather had turned very cold, so after a good look around we sought refuge in the Nicholls store coffee shop to warm up. There were some very nice crafts on display in the splendid indoor market hall.
    Read more