Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 591

    Chandlers Ford

    January 5, 2020 in England ⋅ ☁️ 3 °C

    Many thanks to the Spensers for accommodating our Chloe on their drive once again, their hospitality during the afternoon, and to Lynne and Steve Mursell for hosting the Latituders re-union meal. Great to see everyone in such convivial surroundings.
    Big thanks to Steve and Lynne.
    The following day saw K being wound up by our doctor's receptionist, then a short trip to North Baddesley, where we are spending a few days to complete medical stuff prior to our trip down under. The receptionist clearly thinks she is God in the practice, and delighted in informing us that it takes the practice nurse a full week to read through forms requesting holiday vaccinations!!! And no she really couldn't say whether once the nurse had read the forms there would be an appointment available before we fly to Oz!!!! GRRRRRR!!!
    On Tuesday we walked across the fields to Romsey where we met Chris, Joan, Graham and Vivien for a coffee at the White Horse followed by a very nice lunch at the Olive Tree.
    Great company once again. We fancied the walk back to our site which in the dark was quite exciting -across Emer Marsh we could not see, in the dark, just how far our boots were sinking into the mud.
    Wednesday saw A cycle off into CF to meet David,an architect friend, for a chat at Costa Coffee whilst K spent some time with the sewing machine. A also had an abortive visit to Handsworth cycles on Hursley Road as it is no longer there.
    Medical stuff on Thursday saw Karen discharged from the physiotherapist after what was considered to be very successful treatment - excellent news.
    Karen spent the weekend at Wallops Wood with the ladies - Alan dined with the boys at the Indian in Fryern Precinct after a couple of jars at the halfway house. A then spent an enjoyable afternoon with Paul at the FA Vase football tie between Eastleigh and Matlock. The game was most enjoyable with Eastleigh winning 2 - 1 although Matlock may have prevailed but for a glaring miss and some good goal keeping. The Cricketers pub was in the way on the walk back to North Baddesley so after some time spent inside Uber came to the rescue mid evening.
    Read more