Satellite
  • Day 736

    Bedale

    May 29, 2020 in England ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    After a very windy weekend there was much debris from broken trees on our country walk - nothing too substantial on the whole, but there were many broken branches and at Newton Le Willows a tree had snapped and fallen across the pathway.
    The week proceeded to get warmer as each day went on as the winds died away from their peak.
    On Monday we cycled to Leyburn then took a walk up The Shawl through the woods prior to descending into the village of Preston-under-Scar. The village was looking very colourful with spring flowers. The views on our walk were splendid.
    On Wednesday Alan went for a ride around the valleys and hills nearby whilst Karen did some patchwork at the van. The ride took me via Catterick around the back of Leyburn returning via Masham and Bedale, There were some strong breezes on the exposed hill tops and very still in the valleys.
    The Australian schools returned this week, but maths lessons for the girls in Australia continued - an excuse to have fun with Grannymac - and with Magus too. Magnus returns to school in Walthamstow next week.
    We enjoyed zoom calls with family and friends through the week.
    We cannot believe the weather we are experiencing - constant sunshine and blue skies. It's a bit like waking up each day on holiday in the Mediterranean - no complaints. We have set up sunbathing spots outside the van on the grassed area next to us. So peaceful here - all we hear is sheep bleating and birds tweeting. Not a single vehicle to be heard!
    Read more