Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 788

    Bitton

    July 20, 2020 in England ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Having enjoyed a brilliant weekend with Stewart, Emily and the children we set off towards Bristol, where we had arranged to meet up with Kirsty. We arrived at our site at Knights Folly Farm at lunchtime, quickly set up then set off on our bikes for Bristol, bottle of champagne in the panier bag. Knights Folly farm is adjacent to the Bath - Bristol cycle path so we enjoyed a traffic free ride into the city.
    45 minutes later we were with Kirsty at her flat which we were seeing for the first time. Very nice and a great sun trap. Upon Matt's arrival a "big pop" started some celebration for their engagement. Kirsty and Matt had prepared a lovely dhosa and dhal which we enjoyed in the early evening prior to returning to our site in the twilight. We passed a Morissons adjacent to the cycle path which " had to be visited, I'll be 5 minutes I promise" 25 minutes later we continued along in the dark laden with bargains.
    On Tuesday Kirsty visited us early in the car and returned to Bristol with our washing. Later we went for a walk with Kirsty from our site along the Avon River pathway in lovely sunshine.
    On Wednesday we were joined by Matt's parents, Richard and Madeline, who set up on the pitch adjacent to us for a couple of nights in their motorhome. Kirsty cycled over to us in early afternoon and we were joined by Matt in early evening after work. Some more "big pops" and beer over a bbq evening meal.
    Thursday saw us leave the site early on our bikes - heading once again to Bristol. Karen, Kirsty and Rachel were on a mission to two Bridal Gown shops to see if they could see anything that may be suitable for the big day. Evidently a great time was had by the girls, who were quite disappointed that the trip would not be repeated another time due to there being a success in shop number two. Rachel had arranged zoom viewings with the other bridesmaids who all seemed to consider that a good choice was being made.
    During the day Alan wandered around Bristol - a trip to Bristol Sweetmart an absolute must where some great spices were procured - followed by a meander around the floating harbour and a walk up the hill to the Clifton Suspension Bridge and Observatory.
    After the successful day we all met at The Volunteer Tavern at 4:30 for a celebratory drink. We were joined by Duncan and baby Finley. Another big pop.
    We left early to cycle back to Bitton where we enjoyed a great bbq in the evening hosted by Richard and Madeline.
    Read more