Satellite
  • Day 844

    Tintagel

    September 14, 2020 in England ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    A travelling day - a few miles up the coast via the supermarket at Redruth for a stock up.
    We arrived at our site early afternoon and wandered into the village for a quick look under glorious sunshine. The village was busy with visitors although the Post Office NT property was closed due to the Covid situation. The village is full of cafe and food outlets and some nice smells were coming out of the bakery.
    The following day we wandered up to Tintagel Castle midmorning as we had pre booked our time slot with English Heritage. We arrived under cloudy but sunny skies but were soon swamped by mist that rolled in off the sea which added to the mystique of the place.
    The site was arranged on a one way walking basis with the first section leading up to the new bridge, exit was via the long drop underneath the bridge to low level where we continued down to Merlin's cave on the beach below.
    After our visit we set off southards along the coast path - we did not venture too far as we could not see the coastline due to the mist and returned to our van for a lazy afternoon. Karen did some hand sewing and A prepared the evening meal.
    Read more