Satellite
  • Day 1,058

    Corfe Castle

    April 16, 2021 in England ⋅ ☀️ 8 °C

    We travelled along into the Purbecks to a site at Norden near Corfe Castle. We planned to visit the castle so booked ourselves in with the NT for a visit the following day. The castle entrance was a short walk away through some woodland but Karen's knee was giving her so much pain that she bowed out returning gingerly to the site to consult with our doctor. I whizzed around the castle which was quite busy with people enjoying the spring sunshine and returned to the van in good time to be able to cycle off into Wareham to pick up some pain killers. I left K nursing the knee with frozen peas and a heat pack which was giving her great relief.
    The following day I set off for a walk from the site leaving K in the van with the heat pack etc. I passed by the entrance to The Blue Pool which was busy with visitors then wandered across and into the Creech heathland before returning to Corfe via Stonehill Down nature reserve where the smell of the wild garlic was quite strong. The views across the landscape from the top of Knowle Hill were extensive but spoiled a bit by the heat haze.
    Upon my return to the van the pain in K's knee was easing.
    Read more