Satellite
  • Day 1,416

    Yeppoon

    April 9, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    A travelling day, packing up early we left under cloudy skies to head further north on the Bruce Highway. We passed through the sugar cane farming region and arrived at Rockhampton which lies just above the tropic of Capricorn. We were heading for the Capricorn Coast at Yeppoon. As we drove through the hills from Rockhampton to Yeppoon the rain seemed to have settled in. However as we neared the coast the sky lifted and we arrived to set up our sites in the dry.
    The girls loved the water slide and jumping pillow facilities on the site and spent a lot of their time on site there. We all enjoyed the free film at the site theatre one evening.
    Karen and I revisited Emu Park and the Singing Ship, another monument to Captain Cook. The winds were very strong and the noise of the air through the monument was very calming. A walked along the Remembrance Path to the Anzac memorial.
    On our previous visit the fabric shop here kept Karen amused for some time, but sadly this time it was closed for the duration of our visit.
    On the Monday Karen organised an Easter Egg hunt for the girls, which went down very well and in the evening we all went into Yeppoon where we had booked a meal at The Vue restaurant and wine bar. The food was excellent with a very varied menu which catered for us all.
    We needed to be back in Brisbane for an appointment at the fracture clinic on Wednesday, so we left the site early Tuesday morning for the long drive back to Brisbane.
    Read more