Satellite
  • Day 8

    San Diego zoo

    April 11, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Today was planned on the itinerary for the San Diego Zoo. Before we could do that, we had to go another 15 min South, toward the Mexican border to go to a roof bag factory which Elisa found online late the night before.

    It was perfect... A company that only makes roof bags, has a 2 year warranty, great reviews, less than $100USD and the lovely sales lady even help put it in the car. Perfect.

    The San Diego zoo was big, clean, with a complex map with aviary's everywhere and hills. Inara's, Brandon and Elisa's favourite part of the zoo was the Tiger. He came right up to the glass and was only inches apart from his face. Inara hung on for life. Josh liked the Pandas even though they were sleeping. We also took the double decker bus around the zoo as it was a bit much to walk around the hilly environment and there was no way we were going to see it all. The penguins were a highlight and the leopard sharks that shared a enclosure with them.

    The zoo mostly held animals that were rescued or were on the endangered list and was trying to breed them. The amount of plants and plant species that the zoo grew was amazing..they grew most of the plants that the many different animals ate, including bamboo and eucalyptus.

    It was a tiring day but glad we went. The skyfari (gondola) was a good way to finish the visit.
    Read more