Satellite
  • Day 11

    Lake Havasu to Flagstaff & Inara's bday

    April 14, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Lake Havasu was beautiful and we wished we had more time here. We are so glad we called it and left windy Joshua Tree and was spontaneous to drive here. In the morning we left our hotel "Island Inn Hotel" and adventured out to the 2nd most popular tourist attraction in Arizona.

    In the morning we went down to the famous London Bridge. In 1967 the London Bridge in London, England decides to sell its bridge as it needed to be replaced and this oil guy decided to buy the bridge and put it across the man made Lake Havasu. Lake Havasu is a man made Lake and is a reservoir for the Colorado River.

    We had a nice walk along the channel. Inara greeted many dogs and Brandon enjoyed running. Inara even dipped her feet in the cold brisk lake. There were people out on boats and jet skis, running, walking dog's and enjoying the area. It would be such a great place to relax for a few days.

    We could have stayed all day but we needed to meet Elisa's mom at the Flagstaff airport at 3pm and had to check in to the motel before that so there would be room in the car for her.

    We had a 3 hour drive to Flagstaff. Arizona is a beautiful country with such different landscapes. The kids did great in the car as usual. The roads had Dips and the kids loves them as we made it feel like we were on roller coasters.

    For the next 4 days we are staying at Highland country Inn. We choose not to camp as its Spring and the weather is inconsistent and can be very cold. Flagstaff has an altitude of 6910 feet (2106 m), which is the 9th highest city in the US.

    We picked up grandma at the airport and we were given rooms adjoining each other which worked out very well.

    That night, as Inara turned 2, we celebrated at Black Barts Steakhouse and listened to the wait staff sing show tunes and sing along songs. It was a fun night.
    Read more