Satellite
  • Day 16

    Day trip in St George, Utah

    April 19, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    The day started with laundry, mini golf with an awesome background and then off to the little town of St George.

    Our first stop was the Dinosaur discovery Center. This was opened up in 2000 when dinosaur tracks were discovered at the very location. It would have been more interesting if we had more time to devote to the exhibit rather than the kids. Josh was disappointed that Brandon didn't enjoy it as much but he is still too young to understand. The kids enjoyed the outside area where they could dig for fossils and play in a sandpit.

    The best part of the day was the St George children's museum. It was perfect for all ages and we had so much fun. We were each $5 and spent a few hours there exploring and doing imaginative play. We all put a dinosaur together and Josh even spent some time putting together pipes for a ball to go down.

    To top of the fun, the museum is on a square which had a fun water play. Even though it was only like 18/64 degrees or so the kids got in and had a blast. The sun was shining so it made it more enjoyable.

    Last night was a bit cold for sleeping so we stopped off at another Wal-Mart. We got more food and the last of the camping gear that we need. Elisa feels like we are always shopping but we don't have much t9om for food so we only have a few days of food with us at a time. This shop also included wood for a fire and marshmallow sticks for Smores.

    The evening turned a bit windy so we ate dinner at the clubhouse of the KOA camp ground Brandon got to play some pool. After dinner the wind stopped so the fire sounded possible other than rain came in.

    As Elisa writes this the rain has gotten a bit stronger. We are in bed reading books and staying warm. We haven't had rain in this tent yet so we don't know how well the water will stay out. We have moved everything from the sides and we are a bit squashed.
    Read more