Satellite
  • Day 23

    Antelope Island park and The Salt Lake

    April 26, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    We had a lovely nights sleep in Carla and Wallys apartment. Brandon slept in the big kids room on his blow up bed.

    Isla and Raffie got a day off of school and the whole gang of us went to see Antelope Island State Park.
    Antelope Island is the largest of the Salt Lake islands and is surrounded by the Great Salt Lake. The Salt Lake is the largest natural lake west of the Mississippi River.

    It was as warm day and visiting the island and seeing the lake was great, minus the biting gnats which just hatched. We saw pronghorn Antelope and 11 wild Bison that roam the island. We spent time walking out to the lake and feeling the hard rock\sand. We had lunch at the small grill on the island.

    Back at the apartment the kids soaked in the sun with water balloons and scootering. That night we also had smores at the cute public bbq\park area that the complex provides.

    Later that night Carla and elisa had free time and went to a local bar that had live reggae music. The bartender explained that in Utah, the draft beer can only have 3.2% alcohol while the canned\bottled beer can be any percentage. The state also recently moved the driving limit to .05 from .08 as well. You also can only buy liquor and wine in a liquor store. The wine also is very expensive here.
    Read more