Satellite
  • Day 30

    Driving to Albuquerque

    May 3, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Today we have been traveling for 4 weeks and have driven over 3000 miles/4800km mark today. We left the motel warm,clean and well slept. We had breakfast at Sophie' s diner where the pancakes were bigger than Josh's head.

    The drive was probably the most boring drive with not much to look at. New Mexico, as far as we can see, is portrayed like the movies. Pick up trucks and cowboy hats. The drive was rolling prairies, little vegetation and many shouts for pointing out cows and horses. As we drive through different Indian Reservations we also passed a good few casinos.

    We got to the KOA, North of Albuquerque, in time for a late lunch. This KOA is small, with only a few tent sites. It has paved roads which is great for the kids to scooter. There is a bit of grass here and there and it is not as dusty as the last KOA 's. This one has a pool, but doesn't have a camp kitchen or anything like that.

    The rest of the day consisted of normal routine, getting our home set up for 3 nights and off to the grocery store. As we have had the Wal-Mart experience a few times now , we try to avoid it. We went to Albertson' s market which was huge and the fruit they were selling were huge. Albertsons is a mid west market so we will be looking for this one to shop at for a bit.
    Read more