Satellite
  • Day 35

    Norman,Oklahoma

    May 8, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We had a lazy morning as we didn't have to be at the next campsite to put up our tent. We were on our way to visit Elisa's friend Amanda, her husband Chris and daughter Mary Lee. Amanda wasn't going to be home till 6pm, so we had all day to make our way 4 hours to the house.

    We didn't finish up the car and tent and pulled out of the KOA till almost 11am. This is the latest we have ever started our day. We left Texas and headed into Oklahoma. There isn't much to see from point A to B, and it was pretty flat,straight and uneventful. It was pretty much wheat, cotton and cows.

    Our drive consisted of stopping at Dunkin doughnuts for bagels and coffee and a stop at the Oklahoma welcome center for lunch and bathroom stop. We made really good time and stopped in a Indian Trading store to look at the wares. Brandon really wants to get Elisa a mother's day gift and kept asking if she wanted this and that tourist stuff.

    We made it to the house about 430pm, where we were greeted by Chris and Mary Lee. Chris, who we don't know opened his home, time and beer to us. They live in a beautiful house built a few years ago in a gated estate about 25 miles from Oklahoma city. They have a small backyard but behind the backyard is community ground that has a pond, benches and grills, walking area and even a swing that they fastened to a nice sized tree. Just above the houses is a manmade lake that is a mile around.

    Amanda, who i haven't seen in about 18 years, finally came home and it was great to see her. We had a lovely dinner which Chris made on the bbq. Mary Lee is turning 7 in Oct and her and Brandon got along very well. They both liked having a playmate.

    Mary Lee was kind of enough to lend her bed to the kids and the adults got the guest room.

    It was a relaxing, pampered and very enjoyable night.
    Read more