Satellite
  • Day 46

    Musicians corner music festival

    May 19, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    We didn't want to be real touristy in Nashville but we wanted to experience the music. Elisa googled and found a free musical festival called Musicians Corner about 20 minutes from the KOA.

    Before our adventure out we all had a fun time in the pool, trying to stay cool in the humidity. The kids had such a great time and exhausted themselves that they had a great nap on the way to the festival.

    We got there right when it started, before the stage began, but the one tent was showing the royal wedding. The event happens from May to July on Fri and sat and are free events. We saw 8 artists and the best was Cordova. They were awesome. The last act was a chic from England that we believe that we have heard on a local radio back at home.

    There was one large stage and one small stage while the big stage changes artists. There was a few food trucks and Inara loved the retro snow cone truck. There was also a kids area where Brandon played with some kids. He played all the sports there on offer.

    We also met a lovely family who sat next to us halfway though with kids about the same age. The little girl had a soccer ball and her and Brandon had a great time. There was also a Mexican guy, our age, behind us and he started playing with Brandon. Brandon had so much fun,.and so did this guy. He said Brandon is a natural and was very impressed.

    It was a fun day but long as we sat in the sun and heat all day long. The lines for food and drinks were too long but all that didn't matter.

    We were all exhausted but didn't not want to go out on a Sat night in Nashville. The family we met gave us a few touristy suggestions and we decided on heading to the Oprey.

    The Oprey is a large complex that is known for its name as a event stadium where all the big names sing at. The Oprey has hotel rooms, shops, restaurants, bars, and is all under one roof, split up in different sections. We spent a few hours walking around seeing the " Delta " section, the rainforest section and another one. The delta had a river and you could ride a boat around. The rainforest had lots of plants, waterfalls, starry nights. We had a quick dinner at an Italian restaurant and got to watch dancing water. It was a nice surprise and we definetly want to come back and stay there, as at the end of this year there is a water park being built called sound wave.

    It was a late night but we all enjoyed this unique experience and had a great sleep.
    Read more