Satellite
  • Day 23

    Venice

    September 26, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    So the last leg of my inter rail journey. It started by meeting H at arrivals at the Venice airport and then heading out for a lovely meal together recommended by our air bnb host, whilst we caught up on lost time.
    On Saturday we followed our noses and wandered through the narrow streets and over the many bridges of Venice. We stopped regularly for a beer and some gelato and to watch the world go by.
    Sunday was spent mostly under umbrellas but we did more exploring and had another lovely traditional Venetian meal in the evening.
    Monday involved heading to an island off Venice called Burano, famous for its colourful houses, and then going up to the top of the Campanile in St Marks Square for a stunning view of Venice basking on the sun. We spent the afternoon perched by the Rialto bridge with a beer watching all the boats come and go. A lovely way to spend a few hours.
    Home today which marks an end to my inter rail adventure. :( I had a fantastic time. I made loads of brief friendships and met a few later on my travels. I took 2 planes, 7 trains, a ferry, 4 water taxis, 3 coaches, 4 buses, over 10 trams, a dozen metros and walked 412,841 steps (195 miles).
    On to the next adventure..
    Read more