Satellite
  • Day 8

    Next stop, Noosa

    October 7, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 21 °C

    Early Greyhound coach from Brisbane this morning to head north towards Noosa. Arrived late morning and thankfully we were able to check in to our B&B early again to get ourselves sorted before we headed out to roam. Beautiful place we’re staying in, and we have it to look forward to after our tour of Fraser Island too.

    We called by a local farmers market first for a little look, had ourselves a sweet crepe and then caught a taxi to the beach.

    The coastal walk was recommended by everyone, so we went to see it for ourselves. It was far better than we ever expected. It was about 5km of boardwalk with ocean one side and the Noosa National Park on the other. One minute you were at sea level, the next you were up a cliff. Plenty of surfers out but we also saw a couple of whales and a group of dolphins, and Harriet nearly trod on a snake too!

    3 days and 2 nights on Fraser Island from tomorrow - had to head to buy our alcohol (a box of red wine - otherwise known as a goon bag by Aussies) from a liquor store today.

    We finished by having a little bit of dinner by the river, although H ended up with about 6 ravioli parcels for her meal as it was a tiny bit posh!

    Speak soon
    Mart x
    Read more