Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Walking the Grounds of Peterhof Palace

    April 10, 2018 in Russia ⋅ 🌙 3 °C

    The Palace is set right next to the sea which the gardens were on the edge of. The sea was frozen for a good way out so we ventured out onto the ice - it was quite an amazing sight. We could see a big boat making its way through the ice further out to sea.

    After this we trekked back towards the palace and out of the grounds to find somewhere to have lunch. We spied a playground on the other side of the road and managed to avoid Heidi seeing it by getting her to count the windows on the palace as we walked past 😂 so easy to distract at this age!

    We found a place near where we had to catch the bus back to St Petersburg and enjoyed a nice lunch of various dishes - borsch (traditional Russian soup composing mainly of beetroot - quite yummy), chicken soup, fettuccini carbonara, stroganoff etc.

    Then we caught the bus and metro back to the apartment. I bought a punnet of large juicy looking strawberries on the way back and popped into a couple of shops with Kyria whilst the boys continued homewards. Heidi had fallen asleep on the way home but she woke up when we left the metro due to the cold air.

    We had a bit of time at the apartment before heading out for an early dinner as Mike and Kyria were going to see the Nutcracker Ballet tonight (we can’t all go to this as Heidi isnt allowed in so we’re taking it in turns).

    Thus ends another day - we’re having a ball if you hadn’t already figured that out! 😁
    Read more