Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Lazy Afternoon

    April 12, 2018 in Russia ⋅ 🌙 2 °C

    We walked most of the way round the lake of the palace and then exited via a side entrance. We were headed home from here. Outside the bus stop, there was a shop selling shawarmas so we bought two and shared them on the bus. I don’t know if it was because we were cold and hungry but they tasted amazing - hit the spot! Plus they were cheaper than in Israel!

    It was a straightforward trip home. Heidi fell asleep on the way and ended up staying asleep even once we were home. I think she had some catching up to do!

    We didn’t have too much on for the rest of the afternoon so we relaxed in the apartment until Heidi woke up and then we headed out for dinner at a Georgian restaurant.

    We over ordered and ended up with much more food than we could eat! The problem is that their entrees, rather than being small amounts as we’re accustomed to, are basically the same size as a main meal! They also brought it all out together which didn’t help! So in future we will just order one or the other! I felt like I needed another walk after all that food - even after doing nearly 20,000 steps today!!

    Eli and Kyria went out to get some night photos as Mike didn’t feel up to going out and I stayed home to put Heidi to bed. I just about fell asleep on the pillow with her!
    Read more