Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Izmailovo Kremlin

    April 22, 2018 in Russia ⋅ ⛅ 1 °C

    We were again back to waking up early due to going back in time - our poor sleep clocks are all out of whack. But I have to say it’s more preferable travelling back in time than forward.

    We bit off a bit more than we could chew today - I had planned to go to the Izmailovo flea market and mini kremlin that we had visited last time. However we had a sit down breakfast and by the time we had walked to the right metro etc it was already 10am. I then had the wrong station so we went too far. Eli’s phone was the only one with a sim and it was flat so we had to try and swap the sim to one of our phones so we could figure out where we needed to go. We went into a nearby plaza and Kyria bought some safety pins so we could swap sim cards.

    We figured out we needed to go back one stop. So with all that fluffing around we didn’t have a lot of time to spare by the time we got to the market as Eli and I were going to see Coppelia at the theatre at 2pm and we had to be back for that. So we had about and hour and a half.

    It was a lot busier than last time and more stalls were open. We didn’t get much past looking at the stalls - didn’t even make it into the mini kremlin as we ran out of time (it was about a 40 minute trip back to the apartment). We had been there last time but we had been looking forward to seeing it when more stuff was open. Oh well.

    We bought some blackberries on the way out to share for lunch when we arrived back home.
    Read more