Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Danilovsky Market

    April 23, 2018 in Russia ⋅ 🌬 5 °C

    Today was....a bit of a flop for Eli and I. Heidi was very trying today. She had to be carried everywhere, was not listening and we were having to keep telling her off which was very wearing.

    We were up and going early this morning thanks to Heidi’s wake up call at 5am. It doesn’t help that the sun is well up by this time of the morning 😩

    We caught the metro to Danilovsky Market which is a fresh food produce market with little international food shops as well. We had breakfast at a cafe outside first thinking it would be more lunch food in the market. Heidi accidentally dropped her orange juice, although we had been warming her to keep it on the table, and the glass smashed all over the floor 🤦‍♀️ embarrassing much.

    The market was pretty awesome - there was dried fruit stalls, fresh fruit and veg, fish, bakeries, honey stall, ice cream and international food stores - French crepes, Japanese, Israeli...there was something there for everyone!

    We bought some dried fruit to snack on - a bit healthier than all the chocolate we’d been eating of late! The mangoes were from Australia! We probably spent a good hour or so wandering round here.

    Eli hadn’t had much luck with food so far today - he hadn’t eaten breakfast as they had got his order wrong, then he bought some sort of pastry tart in the market that looked hot but ended up being cold so wasn’t very nice!
    Read more